Holy Trinity Church
The building of Holy Trinity church, at Newtown, commenced in 1850 and was completed, along with the nearby parsonage, in 1852. It was built on the site of a former school and school house, and was designed by Hampshire architect, John Colson who is credited with the designing and building some 20 churches in the County. Holy Trinity is of flint and stone construction with pointed lancet windows and cost £1,500. The church was paid for by William Garnier of Rookesbury Park, Wickham. The first vicar of Holy Trinity was the Reverend William Allen who was the incumbent from 1852 until his death in 1887.
Holy Trinity is one of the newest churches in the deanery and has been little altered over the years. Its interior white walls, high roof and large windows give the church a light and airy feeling. The churchyard is one of the few in the diocese that still has ample space for burials and it incorporates a recently established peace garden (www.newtownchurch.org.uk/peace-garden/) for the internment of ashes.